Kimberton Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a full-time Director of Development.
Kimberton Waldorf School (KWS) offers a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education. With more than 200 students enrolled, we integrate the arts and academics from preschool through twelfth grade, seeking to inspire a life-long love of learning.
The primary goals of the Development Department are to raise critical financial resources to help meet the annual operating budget and to engage the full community in supporting KWS and one another. The Director of Development reports to the Dean of School and is responsible for meeting or exceeding fundraising goals set by the Governing Team and the Board of Trustees.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assess the effectiveness of current fundraising activities and propose new strategies, activities, or events in order to meet fundraising goals and fulfill the school’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Expand the major gifts program and cultivate and maintain positive relationships with alumni and alumni families.
- Grow the base of donors and help to establish KWS as a key member of the greater community.
- Coordinate all direct fundraising initiatives, including cultivating and stewarding major gift donors; maintaining and fostering relationships with foundations and corporate sponsors; establishing a planned giving program; managing the Pennsylvania Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) giving program; and leading the annual fund.
- Organize all annual fund communications including direct mail appeals, email solicitations, peer to peer solicitations, donor acknowledgements, and annual reporting.
- Manage fundraising event(s) – typically one major event each year – and liaise with volunteers who carry other KWS community building events.
- Work effectively with others in a team, collaborate with a diverse group of volunteers, and departments, including Enrollment, the business office, the Governing Team, the Parent Association, and the Board of Trustees to help them carry out their responsibilities in relation to development and fundraising.
- Oversee alumni stewardship:
- Plan and manage reunion events on campus annually
- Facilitate regional alumni events
- Create meaningful ways for alumni to interact with current students
- Maintain updated alumni records in the school’s database
- Coordinate alumni communications from KWS and establish a regular alumni newsletter
- Collaborate with alumni volunteers
- Collaborate with the Alumni Association
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES:
At least three to five years of successful, proven experience in the area of individual, corporate, and/or foundation fundraising
- Experience and knowledge of Waldorf Education preferred
- Experience in a private, independent school preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary
- A valid driver’s license and availability for travel
- Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Independent judgment and discretion to assess projects, policies, and situations
- A Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred)
KWS is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.