Kimberton Waldorf School
Board Meeting Minutes
March 19, 2014
1. Appreciation for Sherry Wildfeuer’s Board service: The Board offered appreciation and thanks for the wisdom Sherry has brought to the school in her six years of service.
2. Questions and concerns of guests:
· Tim Walsh brought concerns to the Board and provided reference materials.
· Heather Hurlock offered comments in regard to the tone and content of recent communications
3. Tempus Conference report: Kris Keller reported that about 100 students attended Tempus, the second annual young social entrepreneurs hosted by KWS.
4. Drug & Alcohol Committee policies and procedures: Deb Merroth-Ahola provided an update from the Drug & Alcohol Committee on KWS policies and legal requirements.
5. Status of plans for a third kindergarten: We have a waiting list of kindergarten families and are exploring the feasibility for adding a third kindergarten classroom to the existing building.
6. KWS Advisory Board: A forum to help tap into the expertise of people in our community is envisioned. We need to identify a moderator, date, and topic for first meeting. The plan is to meet two afternoons per year.